Our research activitites are hosted at the Centre of Marine Sciences (CCMAR) in Faro, Portugal. Some of the most relevant papers we have published are listed below.
Books & chapters
Some of the most relevant books and chapters we already published are listed below.
Some of our presentations at Webinars and Conferences are listed below.
- 4th Annual Aquatic Life Conference (October 17, 2023):
- María J. Cabrera-Álvarez: talk: fair-fish database: welfare assessment of aquatic species in aquaculture (Essential Tools and Resources panel)
- Caroline Marques Maia: talk: Investigating the state-of-the-art of fish welfare in farms using the fair-fish database (Essential Tools and Resources panel)
- Behaviour 2023 Conference (August 14, 2023):
- María J. Cabrera-Álvarez: talk: 'A behavioural and physiological approach for the study of welfare in seabream broodstock exposed to environmental enrichment'
- María J. Cabrera-Álvarez: talk: 'Welfare assessment of farmed aquatic species using the fair-fish database'
Some news, interviews and other kind of media coverage about our work are listed below.
- ¿Cómo se certifica el bienestar de los peces de acuicultura?, The Conversation, 14/09/2023
- Att leva i en fiskodling (Living in a fish farm), Deep Sea Reporter - youtube channel, 31/08/2023
- Expertos advierten que el cambio climático amenaza el bienestar y producción de peces cultivados en España y Portugal, MisPeces.com, 25/08/2023.
- O abate de peixes pode (e deve) ser humanitário, Panorama da Aquicultura, 11/07/2023.
- El bienestar de los peces, reto y oportunidad para la acuicultura española, ipac.acuicultura, 30/03/2023.
- Sabia que peixes felizes são mais saborosos?, O Bichinho da Rádio, 07/10/2022.
Podcast Fish Talk
We create our own podcast episodes, and here you will find them. Fish Talk podcast is focused on episodes that show important characteristics about fishes related to their natural needs, behaviours, abilities and environmental conditions - including farms, both considering the species individually or general aspects relevant for any species.
Our main programme is composed of series of very brief podcasts focused on fish species with profiles already published in the fair-fish database, the first online database to assemble ethological knowledge of farmed fishes.
Go on and discover all our episodes already released here!➜