Our research activitites are hosted at the Centre of Marine Sciences (CCMAR) in Faro, Portugal. Some of the most relevant papers we have published are listed below.
- Arechavala-Lopez P, Cabrera-Álvarez MJ, Maia CM, Saraiva JL. Environmental enrichment in fish aquaculture: A review of fundamental and practical aspects. Reviews in Aquaculture. 2021. doi: 10.1111/raq.12620
- Muñoz L, Aspillaga E, Palmer M, Saraiva JL, Arechavala-Lopez P. Acoustic Telemetry: A Tool to Monitor Fish Swimming Behavior in Sea-Cage Aquaculture. Frontiers in Marine Science. 2020. doi:10.3389/fmars.2020.00645.
- Saraiva JL, Arechavala-López PA, Castanheira MF, Volstorf J, Studer BHeinzpeter. A Global Assessment of Welfare in Farmed Fishes: The FishEthoBase. Fishes. 2019. doi:10.3390/fishes4020030
Books & chapters
Some of the most relevant books and chapters we already published are listed below.
Some of our presentations at Webinars and Conferences are listed below.
Some news, interviews and other kind of media coverage about our work are listed below.
- Projeto melhora a vida dos animais em cativeiro, Jornal da Uma, TVI station (56'48''- 59'07''), 01/12/2021.
- Novo guia identifica estratégias para melhorar a vida dos peixes de aquacultura, CCMAR (Centro de Ciências do Mar) News, 13/10/2021.
- Estudo da Universidade do Algarve na base da discussão de transporte de peixes vivos na UE, Observador, 12/06/2021.
- Anche i pesci soffrono? Le risposte per la scienza e le conseguenze per l’industria, Corriere Della Sera, 25/05/2021.
- Estudo do CCMar demonstra que douradas podem viver mais felizes em aquacultura, Sul Informação, 23/07/2020.
Podcast Fish Talk
We create our own podcast episodes, and here you will find them. Fish Talk podcast is focused on episodes that show important characteristics about fishes related to their natural needs, behaviours, abilities and environmental conditions - including farms, both considering the species individually or general aspects relevant for any species.
Our main programme is composed of series of very brief podcasts focused on fish species with profiles already published in our FishEthoBase, the first online database to assemble ethological knowledge of farmed fishes.
Go on and discover all our episodes already released here!➜