Our research activitites are hosted at the Centre of Marine Sciences (CCMAR) in Faro, Portugal. Some of the most relevant papers we have published are listed below.
Books & chapters
Some of the most relevant books and chapters we already published are listed below.
Some of our presentations at Webinars and Conferences are listed below.
- Foro de los Recursos Marinos y de la Acuicultura de las Rías Gallegas' - ForoAcui XXIV (October 6, 2022):
Pablo Arechavala-Lopez: 'Enriquecimiento ambiental: una estrategia para mejorar la producción y el bienestar de los peces en cautividad'
- Aquaculture Europe 2022 (European Aquaculture Society - EAS) (September 27, 2022):
João Saraiva: participated of a plenary session: The Move towards Circularity.
- The IX Iberian Congress of Ichthyology (SIBIC) (June 20, 2022):
María J. Cabrera-Álvarez: Husbandry procedure effects on brood-stock gilthead seabream’s heart rate housed under enriched and bare environments.
Some news, interviews and other kind of media coverage about our work are listed below.
- Dia Mundial dos Animais: Projeto internacional pretende diminuir o sofrimento nas pescas, Green Savers, 04/10/2022.
- Sabia que peixes felizes são mais saborosos?, O Bichinho da Rádio, 07/10/2022.
- On World Animal Day: "Less Suffering in Fisheries", Fish Focus.
- New study reveals there’s no “golden stocking density” when it comes to fish welfare, The Fish Site, 09/09/2022.
- ¿Es posible encontrar “la densidad de cultivo de oro” como si fuera el Santo Grial?, MisPeces.com, 28/07/2022.
- Projeto melhora a vida dos animais em cativeiro, Jornal da Uma, TVI station (56'48''- 59'07''), 01/12/2021.
Podcast Fish Talk
We create our own podcast episodes, and here you will find them. Fish Talk podcast is focused on episodes that show important characteristics about fishes related to their natural needs, behaviours, abilities and environmental conditions - including farms, both considering the species individually or general aspects relevant for any species.
Our main programme is composed of series of very brief podcasts focused on fish species with profiles already published in the fair-fish database, the first online database to assemble ethological knowledge of farmed fishes.
Go on and discover all our episodes already released here!➜